The CEPALCO has now getting the attention of my environment advocates as they introduce the Solar Power Plant in Cagayan de Oro, Philippines. The solar power plant has 6,500 solar panels and set on a 2 hectares of land in Barangay Indahag, Cagayan de Oro City.
This amazing PV is based on 1MWp polycrystalline silicon and designed to be operated along with the 7MW run-of-the-river hydro plant, which is on the other hand owned by Bubunawan Power Company, a subsidiary of CEPALCO (Cagayan Electric Power & Light Co., Inc.).
This solar power plant has the ability to supply the energy requirement of not less than 900 CEPALCO residential consumers with plans to get on a larger solar park of 30-hectares and a capacity to produce not less than 14,000,000 kWh electricity per year. This will allow CEPALCO to save not less than 30,000 barrels of fuel, which is a huge savings of money as well as a huge reduction to carbon emission. If this plan will push through, the CEPALCO Solar Power Plant expansion will commissioned by 2012.
Leave a comment
Our Recommended Partners
Popular Green Designs
- Nice Objects From Waste Materials
- Recycled Car Tire Furniture
- Neue Electric Scooter By KLD Energy Technologies
- Redondo Beach Container House For a Comfortable and Stylish Home
- VW Tiguan Hybrid Car is Available !
- Potenza: A Sustainable Four Wheel Bike
- Gaiam Everything Fits Recycled Gym Bag Will Keep You And The Environment Healthy
- Green Fun with The Shweeb (Human-Powered Monorail)
- Unit Fusion High-rise Residential Building Concept Can Be The Newest Eco-friendly Building In Hong K...
- Cardboard Bookshelf: A Stylish Yet Eco-friendly Furniture That Holds Your Books
- Cars and Transportation
- Cell Phone
- Design and Concept
- Food and Drink
- Free Eco Gift
- Home and Kitchen
- Interior Design
- Personal Computer
- Product Reviews
- Solar Energy
- Toys and Games