The CEPALCO has now getting the attention of my environment advocates as they introduce the Solar Power Plant in Cagayan de Oro, Philippines. The solar power plant has 6,500 solar panels and set on a 2 hectares of land in Barangay Indahag, Cagayan de Oro City.
This amazing PV is based on 1MWp polycrystalline silicon and designed to be operated along with the 7MW run-of-the-river hydro plant, which is on the other hand owned by Bubunawan Power Company, a subsidiary of CEPALCO (Cagayan Electric Power & Light Co., Inc.).
This solar power plant has the ability to supply the energy requirement of not less than 900 CEPALCO residential consumers with plans to get on a larger solar park of 30-hectares and a capacity to produce not less than 14,000,000 kWh electricity per year. This will allow CEPALCO to save not less than 30,000 barrels of fuel, which is a huge savings of money as well as a huge reduction to carbon emission. If this plan will push through, the CEPALCO Solar Power Plant expansion will commissioned by 2012.
Leave a comment
Our Recommended Partners
Popular Green Designs
- USBCELL : USB Rechargeable AA Batteries
- Nice Objects From Waste Materials
- Solar Tents: The Eco Friendly And High Tech Camping Material
- Vertical Bamboo Houses: A Unique Yet Sustainable House
- Proxima Two Seater Hybrid Vehicle
- VW Tiguan Hybrid Car is Available !
- Green Penthouse Project Transforms Unused Roofs to Comfortable Living Space
- Recycled Car Tire Furniture
- Cardboard Shelf: Nice and Eco-Friendly Home Furniture
- The 1Liaison Electric Hybrid Boat by Manuel Schneider
- Cars and Transportation
- Cell Phone
- Design and Concept
- Food and Drink
- Free Eco Gift
- Home and Kitchen
- Interior Design
- Personal Computer
- Product Reviews
- Solar Energy
- Toys and Games