The CEPALCO has now getting the attention of my environment advocates as they introduce the Solar Power Plant in Cagayan de Oro, Philippines. The solar power plant has 6,500 solar panels and set on a 2 hectares of land in Barangay Indahag, Cagayan de Oro City.
This amazing PV is based on 1MWp polycrystalline silicon and designed to be operated along with the 7MW run-of-the-river hydro plant, which is on the other hand owned by Bubunawan Power Company, a subsidiary of CEPALCO (Cagayan Electric Power & Light Co., Inc.).
This solar power plant has the ability to supply the energy requirement of not less than 900 CEPALCO residential consumers with plans to get on a larger solar park of 30-hectares and a capacity to produce not less than 14,000,000 kWh electricity per year. This will allow CEPALCO to save not less than 30,000 barrels of fuel, which is a huge savings of money as well as a huge reduction to carbon emission. If this plan will push through, the CEPALCO Solar Power Plant expansion will commissioned by 2012.
Leave a comment
Our Recommended Partners
Popular Green Designs
- DIY Ferris Wheel Toy Made Out of Recycled Material
- Panabo City’s Christmas Tree Made From Recycled Items
- Plastic Bottle Christmas Tree: Celebrating Green Christmas
- Creative Borer: A Christmas Tree Made Of Paper And Takes A Few Seconds To Complete
- The Manila Bulletin Newspaper Christmas Tree Making Contest Happens In The Philippines On Its Tenth...
- Unit Fusion High-rise Residential Building Concept Can Be The Newest Eco-friendly Building In Hong K...
- CEPALCO Introduces Its Solar Power Plant In Cagayan de Oro, Philippines
- ReGlow Lamp Is Made of Recycled Plastic Drink Bottles
- Reusable Grocery Bags from CYMA
- Create a Sparkling Sparkle Balls out of Plastic Cups
- Cars and Transportation
- Cell Phone
- Design and Concept
- Food and Drink
- Free Eco Gift
- Home and Kitchen
- Interior Design
- Personal Computer
- Product Reviews
- Solar Energy
- Toys and Games