Eco luxury hotel in a quarry. Building a hotel in a quarry is such a great idea for an architect. Nobody wants to use areas that have been destroyed already by humans. However, the firm Atkins didn’t think it this way. In fact, they positively designed the proposed Songjiang Hotel that will be placed in a 100-meter-deep quarry. Another great feature with the hotel is that it will use geothermal energy to power up its electrical supply and heating system. Aside the geothermal energy, the quarry itself is also a good source of heat control and shelter from the environment. With its waterfalls and underwater aquarium, there’s no doubt that it can be the next hottest tourist destination in China.
With the growing problem of space today, most people especially those living in the city are looking for some effective ways to maximize the little space that they have. With the help of Maximize Design who have submitted their eco-friendly work to IGreenSpot, maximizing little spaces can now be very achievable.
We at MAXIMIZE DESIGN have designed and patented a system of eco-friendly movable planters for indoor and outdoor use, called ‘MAXIMIZE YOUR SPACE’.
The planters are made from 100%-recycled plastics. This gives them a very subtle, timber-like look and guarantees a very long lifespan, not to mention the low carbon footprint, as they are assembled here in Ireland as well.
The planters are fixed on hidden wheels, so that they can be moved very easily on any hard surface, while looking very heavy and stationary. This gives everyone the possibility to change their garden/ terrace/ premises layout in moments. You can move your precious plants into or out of the sun, create a cozy corner on a larger patio or separate a restaurant terrace for a private party or to open up for wheelchair access. Two castors on every planter have a stopper as well, so that they do not start moving by themselves on a sloped ground.
Our designer Maximilian Kemper came up with the design for the ‘Bloom in the Park’ garden festival in Dublin, Ireland, where he was awarded with the silver-gilt medal.
When we say reclaimed items, the first thing that comes to our mind is a not so good-looking and impressive product. However, Thorlux will totally change your views when it comes to reclaimed items with their super cool lighting system called the Thorlux Factory Light. It is a green and white enameled factory wall and pendant light that has the manufacturer’s label embedded in it. It looks great and seems to be very functional. I just hope that this lighting system uses energy saving bulbs to make it totally eco-friendly. With colors green on the outer part and white on its interior, the eco-friendly Thorlux factory light weighs only 0.5 kilograms.
Source: via Skinflint Design
Our Recommended Partners
Popular Green Designs
- DIY Ferris Wheel Toy Made Out of Recycled Material
- Pinecone: An Eco-friendly Lamp Made From Birch Plywood
- Proxima Two Seater Hybrid Vehicle
- Useful Things To Make From Coconut Shell
- Save On Energy Usage With The Orbital Washing Machine
- USBCELL : USB Rechargeable AA Batteries
- Cardboard Bookshelf: A Stylish Yet Eco-friendly Furniture That Holds Your Books
- CEPALCO Introduces Its Solar Power Plant In Cagayan de Oro, Philippines
- Unit Fusion High-rise Residential Building Concept Can Be The Newest Eco-friendly Building In Hong K...
- The Libeskind Villa Signature Series of Daniel Libeskind
- Cars and Transportation
- Cell Phone
- Design and Concept
- Food and Drink
- Free Eco Gift
- Home and Kitchen
- Interior Design
- Personal Computer
- Product Reviews
- Solar Energy
- Toys and Games
Recent Topics Searched
- mechanizm of elliptical bicycles
- wealth from waste
- things to make with the use of recycled materials
- solar roof that looks like metal roof
- things made out of recycle materials made by children
- Coconut tree tables
- things made of recycled materials
- art and design of waste clothes
- car shift
- Useful object on waste material
Tweets by @igreenspot