Igreenspot got another wonderful submission of an eco-friendly design from a French designer Paul Coudamy and he called it a Random Resurrection Furniture.
Objects : 10 chairs + 1 meeting table
Design : Paul Coudamy
Materials : tables, chairs, table legs, wedging foam, screw, paint.
Completion : October 2009
Client : Af83
Pictures courtesy Benjamin Boccas
Random Resurrection is a set of custom made furniture based on a second hand e-bay objects mix. The work consists in a game of combinations. Instead of drawing shapes, designs are born from a combination of existing elements. A leg is fixed to a new tray, one material is inserted into an other one, a back part becomes a seat, and a broken piece offers a new part for a leg. Beyond the aspect of giving a second life to rubbish furniture and transformation of your grandmother’s table in an original design, the idea is to question the shape of standard furniture. It is a work on the mutation of common objects in a new one carrying traces of ordinary typologies. It is more a spontaneous collage, close from photoshop manipulations in the real world than a classic formal design process with sketches and computer renderings. Random Resurrection is a ‘cut&glue’ process assigned to generate an unique design.
Meeting table: Three e-bay tables have been assembled in one piece in order to create a hybrid object. Woods, legs, shapes and style are combined to generate an original composition. The heavy decorated central part maintains two aerial extensions supported by a thin leg. A second wood veneering (?!) and tray a blue one are inserted into the central part to constitute a 10 person table.
Chairs : A batch of archetypal, cheap wood chairs have been bought. The original chairs have been unscrewed, dismantled and cut, then re-assembled and painted in different ways. Back parts, seats, legs are, each time, re-organized to offer new functions and create various typologies of chairs.
Source: Paul Coudamy
Leave a comment
Our Recommended Partners
Popular Green Designs
- DIY Ferris Wheel Toy Made Out of Recycled Material
- Plastic Bottle Christmas Tree: Celebrating Green Christmas
- Panabo City’s Christmas Tree Made From Recycled Items
- Creative Borer: A Christmas Tree Made Of Paper And Takes A Few Seconds To Complete
- The Manila Bulletin Newspaper Christmas Tree Making Contest Happens In The Philippines On Its Tenth...
- Create a Sparkling Sparkle Balls out of Plastic Cups
- Unit Fusion High-rise Residential Building Concept Can Be The Newest Eco-friendly Building In Hong K...
- CEPALCO Introduces Its Solar Power Plant In Cagayan de Oro, Philippines
- Vertical Bamboo Houses: A Unique Yet Sustainable House
- Environment Friendly Shelter Made of Plastic Wire and Packing Peanuts
- Cars and Transportation
- Cell Phone
- Design and Concept
- Food and Drink
- Free Eco Gift
- Home and Kitchen
- Interior Design
- Personal Computer
- Product Reviews
- Solar Energy
- Toys and Games