Another iconic building is going to be built in Malaysia. This is not surprising, since they do have two of the tallest buildings in the world, the Petronas Twin Towers. The design of Precinct4 is very unique, based on traditional Islamic architecture, marine-inspired structures, and radiating block of bioclimatic architecture.
The architect’s goal (Hijjas Kasturi Associates, Malaysian architects) was to design buildings that tell of its place of origin which is culturally modern, Islamic and tropical in nature. While the designers goal (Studio Nicoletti Associati) was to provide a model for sustainable residential design that was inspired by the city’s unique landscape which includes an expansive artificial lake. The biggest inspiration came from the sea and the entire development resembles a fleet of ships.
It is also said that the buildings will source from alternative energy and are expected to produce 50% less CO2 emissions than similar residential projects.
Our Recommended Partners
Popular Green Designs
- Nice Objects From Waste Materials
- The Pallet Couch Will Give Used Pallets A New Life
- Xcellent Global LED Photocatalyst Mosquito Killer Lamp Is Tough On Mosquitoes But Not To The Environ...
- Cardboard Shelf: Nice and Eco-Friendly Home Furniture
- Potenza: A Sustainable Four Wheel Bike
- Powerwise Table : A Charging Station for Your Gadgets
- The 1Liaison Electric Hybrid Boat by Manuel Schneider
- Proxima Two Seater Hybrid Vehicle
- Indoor Drying Rack: Help Drying Your Clothes the Eco-friendly Way
- Solar Tents: The Eco Friendly And High Tech Camping Material
- Cars and Transportation
- Cell Phone
- Design and Concept
- Food and Drink
- Free Eco Gift
- Home and Kitchen
- Interior Design
- Personal Computer
- Product Reviews
- Solar Energy
- Toys and Games