A razilian designer Duda Carvalho submitted an eye-catching and eco-friendly creation to IgreenSpot. Hailed as IVY, this seating solution is made of sustainable and recyclable materials Paineira, a silk-cotton tree that is abundant in Brazil.
From Duda Carvalho:
IVY is an attractive nature-friendly low seating system made up of leaf-shaped floor cushions that can be interweaved together to compose a comfy “leafy” clustering for sitting, leaning or lying.
They are made out of chenille in green or earthy shades and stuffed with paina, a sustainable fibre, an odourless, soft and resilient cotton-like material in the raw, stemmed from the fruit of Paineira, a silk-cotton tree, native of Brazil .
I was inspired to create IVY by the creeping weeds growing uncontrollably thick and scattered all over my garden and the way it felt so good to me when I sat on and back into them; such a special feel I strove to impart to this particular design.
Source: Duda Carvalho
Leave a comment
Popular Green Designs
- Get Fashionably Trendy With Upcycled Bike Inner Tube Watch
- The Pedal Powered Roller Coaster
- Nice Objects From Waste Materials
- Cardboard Shelf: Nice and Eco-Friendly Home Furniture
- Keep Your House And The Environment Clean With Jackson Shelf
- Illuminate And Save With Moonrays 91241 Stained-Glass Solar-Powered LED Post-Cap Lamp
- Recycled Car Tire Furniture
- Beautiful Creations Made From Recycled Bottle Caps
- Solar Tents: The Eco Friendly And High Tech Camping Material
- The Pallet Couch Will Give Used Pallets A New Life
- Cars and Transportation
- Cell Phone
- Design and Concept
- Food and Drink
- Free Eco Gift
- Home and Kitchen
- Interior Design
- Personal Computer
- Product Reviews
- Solar Energy
- Toys and Games