With the aim to design the cheapest solar home in the world, IAAC or The Institute for Advanced Architecture of Catalonia has the Solar Fab Lab House as their Official entry to the competition. The fab lab house has the area of 75square meters and is ideal for a family with 4 members. The house uses lightweight wood as its main structural component making it able to complete the house assembly in fifteen days. The Fab Lab House has the paraboloid form in order in order for it to achieve optimal summer orientation in different cities around the globe. Of course, with the solar panels visible on the house’s roof, it is a solar powered house.
Our Recommended Partners
Popular Green Designs
- Vertical Bamboo Houses: A Unique Yet Sustainable House
- Recycled Car Tire Furniture
- Green Fun with The Shweeb (Human-Powered Monorail)
- Nice Objects From Waste Materials
- USBCELL : USB Rechargeable AA Batteries
- Unit Fusion High-rise Residential Building Concept Can Be The Newest Eco-friendly Building In Hong K...
- VW Tiguan Hybrid Car is Available !
- Proxima Two Seater Hybrid Vehicle
- Solar Tents: The Eco Friendly And High Tech Camping Material
- Beautiful Creations Made From Recycled Bottle Caps
- Cars and Transportation
- Cell Phone
- Design and Concept
- Food and Drink
- Free Eco Gift
- Home and Kitchen
- Interior Design
- Personal Computer
- Product Reviews
- Solar Energy
- Toys and Games