We all know that eco-chairs are made of sustainable materials from recycled items to naturally sourced materials and more. The Upside Down chair may not be new at all when it comes to its source, as it is made from a tree trunk. What made it unique is how the trunk intentionally grown to create this eye-catching eco-chair. The Upside Down chair is made of an inverted willow tree with legs obtained by twisting and splinting the branches of the tree, thus forces it to grow with four legs. The seat and backrest were then formed according to the tree’s silhouette.
It is really rewarding to hear that designers now come up with numerous sustainable designs but has the elegant and look of the future. Like the designers in Y-town, they have created the Dance of Mat lounge that is not only sustainable but elegant and comfortable as well.
This is a fine lounge designed with rhythm and tradition. Mat, a traditional oriental material that is breathable and sustainable, is perfectly transformed into a 3 dimensional lounge. Layers of smooth mat are dyed red, wrapped upon a white lounge body. Sections of the mat can still be seen in the silhouette, showing the beauty of the material.
The design has won the Creative Prize of 2006 Shenzhen International Furniture Expo.
Our Recommended Partners
Popular Green Designs
- USBCELL : USB Rechargeable AA Batteries
- Nice Objects From Waste Materials
- Halcyon Concept Car By Ralph Tayler-Webb
- Recycled Car Tire Furniture
- Enjoy A Fresh And Eco-friendly Environment With cmsGardens 4 Pocket Vertical Wall Garden Planter
- Proxima Two Seater Hybrid Vehicle
- Green Fun with The Shweeb (Human-Powered Monorail)
- The 1Liaison Electric Hybrid Boat by Manuel Schneider
- Pinecone: An Eco-friendly Lamp Made From Birch Plywood
- Vertical Bamboo Houses: A Unique Yet Sustainable House
- Cars and Transportation
- Cell Phone
- Design and Concept
- Food and Drink
- Free Eco Gift
- Home and Kitchen
- Interior Design
- Personal Computer
- Product Reviews
- Solar Energy
- Toys and Games