Just like newspapers, books are considered trash after reading especially if it is a textbook or activity book. Except of course to those books you want to read repeatedly. Building with books is just a great way to make use of those piles of old books we have at home instead of just simple tossing them out. Building with books can possibly create a comfortable chair, a catchy shelf and a lot more. All we just need is to be creative as we can be. In this way, we can help reduce waste, give our old books a new life, and help save the environment.
I have known a Medical practitioner before who read the daily newspaper and as a result, he had piles and piles of old newspapers on her backyard. Then I spotted this bowl dressed with an old Glasgow Herald Newspaper. I am thinking that, if those newspapers of a friend will be used for the same purpose, there will be no more piles of old newspaper in our landfills. Though, the bowl may look unsafe and unclean for food, it can only be the looks, just like the unglazed coconut shell bowls, which look dirty, but are safe enough for our hot soup. In addition, it can be added fun reading old articles and captions of a vintage newspaper while enjoying your meal.
Source: Lina Weckner
Our Recommended Partners
Popular Green Designs
- Vertical Bamboo Houses: A Unique Yet Sustainable House
- Recycled Car Tire Furniture
- USBCELL : USB Rechargeable AA Batteries
- Nice Objects From Waste Materials
- Unit Fusion High-rise Residential Building Concept Can Be The Newest Eco-friendly Building In Hong K...
- Green Fun with The Shweeb (Human-Powered Monorail)
- Proxima Two Seater Hybrid Vehicle
- A Solar Powered Wind Turbine Produces Eco-friendly Energy In An Eco-friendly Way
- VW Tiguan Hybrid Car is Available !
- Solar Impulse Night Flight: Flying without fuel, that’s a crazy project
- Cars and Transportation
- Cell Phone
- Design and Concept
- Food and Drink
- Free Eco Gift
- Home and Kitchen
- Interior Design
- Personal Computer
- Product Reviews
- Solar Energy
- Toys and Games