Designed by Adrian Smith and Gordon Gill, this tower called “Clean Technology Tower” would be constructed in Chicago as highly efficient building. The wind turbines will be placed at the corners of the building, to make sure it captures the wind at its highest velocity as it accelerates around the tower. If you have heard about recently featured solar Masdar Headquarters, that building also designed by the same firm who will build this clean technology tower. At the apex, where wind speeds are at a maximum, a domed double roof cavity directs the wind towards an array of wind turbines. The negative pressure created by the turbines will be used to ventilate interior spaces. The dome itself is shaded by solar cells that capture the southern sun.
Our Recommended Partners
Popular Green Designs
- Vertical Bamboo Houses: A Unique Yet Sustainable House
- Recycled Car Tire Furniture
- Green Fun with The Shweeb (Human-Powered Monorail)
- Unit Fusion High-rise Residential Building Concept Can Be The Newest Eco-friendly Building In Hong K...
- USBCELL : USB Rechargeable AA Batteries
- Nice Objects From Waste Materials
- VW Tiguan Hybrid Car is Available !
- Proxima Two Seater Hybrid Vehicle
- Solar Tents: The Eco Friendly And High Tech Camping Material
- Beautiful Creations Made From Recycled Bottle Caps
- Cars and Transportation
- Cell Phone
- Design and Concept
- Food and Drink
- Free Eco Gift
- Home and Kitchen
- Interior Design
- Personal Computer
- Product Reviews
- Solar Energy
- Toys and Games