Stop throwing your old carpet and eliminate the growth of landfills by patronizing designer Aaron Petersen’s eco-friendly Fil-a-ment Pendant Lamp. This beautiful pendant lamp is made of eight recycled carpet samples, wooden dowel rods, leather straps and glue. However, one can change the number of recycled carpets to be used depending on the desired effect of the carpets and the adjustable size of the lamp. One will never have to worry on installing the Fil-a-ment because it is a cheap one and easy to construct and easy to design to compliment the theme of your place. Decorate your house now in an eco-friendly way with the Fil-a-ment Pendant Lamp.
Source: Ample Sample
Building modern and elegant homes don’t need to be big, expensive, and of first hand materials. Built in Jakarta Indonesia by SUB Studio, the Grey House is a small 108 square meter house that was built at a tight budget of $15,000. The architects have successfully built the house by exploring the materials and reducing unnecessary thing. They have designed the roof in a single slope direction to avoid any metal joint as they are using the metal roofing to cut cost. Used for the window frames in this house are recycled wood. The house also has the exterior fence that becomes a medium for living walls and the vegetation replace a chemical finishes. Wall surface for interior sides of the houses uses a grey brick 200x200mm module to lower cost and get smooth finish.
Living sustainably can be made even easier if hand in hand we do the same thing for the benefit of the environment. The Eco-shore is a concept of a sustainable community. People living at the eco-shore will be living sustainably with the numerous eco-friendly features like the solar panels that help collect sunrays and produce electricity for heating uses like under flooring heating and water heating. Other feature include a natural ventilation that helps reduce central heating, thus allow its occupants to save some amount of money and most importantly it helps reduce carbon emission. Wind turbine and composting toilet are just a few of the features that will surely help people live sustainably.
Source: Liam McGlone
Our Recommended Partners
Popular Green Designs
- DIY Ferris Wheel Toy Made Out of Recycled Material
- Plastic Bottle Christmas Tree: Celebrating Green Christmas
- Panabo City’s Christmas Tree Made From Recycled Items
- Creative Borer: A Christmas Tree Made Of Paper And Takes A Few Seconds To Complete
- The Manila Bulletin Newspaper Christmas Tree Making Contest Happens In The Philippines On Its Tenth...
- Create a Sparkling Sparkle Balls out of Plastic Cups
- Unit Fusion High-rise Residential Building Concept Can Be The Newest Eco-friendly Building In Hong K...
- CEPALCO Introduces Its Solar Power Plant In Cagayan de Oro, Philippines
- Vertical Bamboo Houses: A Unique Yet Sustainable House
- Environment Friendly Shelter Made of Plastic Wire and Packing Peanuts
- Cars and Transportation
- Cell Phone
- Design and Concept
- Food and Drink
- Free Eco Gift
- Home and Kitchen
- Interior Design
- Personal Computer
- Product Reviews
- Solar Energy
- Toys and Games
Recent Topics Searched
Tweets by @igreenspot