Organic foods like what the Pop-up farm concept in Brooklyn can soon produce do not come cheap, making it hard for low-income family to eat healthy.
The said farm would be in an area in the United States where obesity rate is high and the neighborhoods are composed of low-income families, in Cypress Hills. Through this off-grid mobile farm unit, it is expected that 8,000 pounds of produce would be farmed every 12 weeks. However, the aim for creating the pop-up farm concept does not end in providing fresh produce but also it aims to educate people because schools can visit the farm on field trips.
Leave a comment
Our Recommended Partners
Popular Green Designs
- Proxima Two Seater Hybrid Vehicle
- Nice Objects From Waste Materials
- Vertical Bamboo Houses: A Unique Yet Sustainable House
- Recycled Car Tire Furniture
- Neue Electric Scooter By KLD Energy Technologies
- Green Fun with The Shweeb (Human-Powered Monorail)
- VW Tiguan Hybrid Car is Available !
- Unit Fusion High-rise Residential Building Concept Can Be The Newest Eco-friendly Building In Hong K...
- Beautiful Creations Made From Recycled Bottle Caps
- USBCELL : USB Rechargeable AA Batteries
- Cars and Transportation
- Cell Phone
- Design and Concept
- Food and Drink
- Free Eco Gift
- Home and Kitchen
- Interior Design
- Personal Computer
- Product Reviews
- Solar Energy
- Toys and Games