Philips Light Blossom Concept, Gradually and Continuously Re-Orient Themselves in The Direction of The Sun
Economical and Fashionable Street light is what the lighting company Philips want to provide with their new Light Blossom. This light will replace our traditional yellow street lights. The Light Blossom has wonderful and attractive design that adds up the beauty of our busy streets. In addition, the Light Blossom is a solar and wind powered lamppost that moves to get enough power as the day goes by. During the night, the Light Blossom’s LEDs beam will only turn lights on when and where needed through proximity sensing, and will glow at its minimum level when no one is around. However, when somebody passes by, the Light Blossom will glow to give the passers-by a comforting light.
According to the company, the Light Blossom collects its own energy from the sun and wind by transforming its appearance throughout the day. At night, its LEDs beam light only where needed – and only when needed – through proximity sensing.
Just like a real flower, the Light Blossom’s petals “gradually and continuously re-orient themselves in the direction of the sun”, to face it with the maximum efficiency at each moment.
Industry experts we spoke to at the Simplicity event in Russia where the product has been unveiled suggested that this is one concept that might just work.
Source : Philips via Pocket-Lint
Leave a comment
Popular Green Designs
- Nice Objects From Waste Materials
- Recycled Car Tire Furniture
- Cardboard Shelf: Nice and Eco-Friendly Home Furniture
- The Green Building of National Life Insurance by Henry Browne and Borja Huidobro
- The Pallet Couch Will Give Used Pallets A New Life
- The Snaefell Hybrid Car-Motorcyle By Francois Knorreck
- Beautiful Creations Made From Recycled Bottle Caps
- Art Exhibition Pieces Made From Waste
- VW Tiguan Hybrid Car is Available !
- NeatNests: Modern And Eco Bird Houses
- Cars and Transportation
- Cell Phone
- Design and Concept
- Food and Drink
- Free Eco Gift
- Home and Kitchen
- Interior Design
- Personal Computer
- Product Reviews
- Solar Energy
- Toys and Games