An air-conditioning system is important to almost every household especially in areas with hot climate. This is the reason why households of today are the highest energy consumer. However, a group of people that include Mathew Holloway, William Penfold, Daniel Becerra, Karina & Matthew Judkins are now working on a project that will lower down our energy consumption by 10% as compared to the conventional air-conditioning system. The Artica is a natural cooling, ventilation, and heat recovery system tha is currently in prototype and is already set-up for future commercialization. It also has a ratio of thermal to electrical energy rating or COP of 32. With the use of this eco-product, carbon emission is reduced by 90 percent, which is a very positive response to the environment.
The eco-friendly feature of the Artica does not ends there. Aside from the eco features mentioned above, the Artica is also made from re-used materials from other industries that are supposed to be destined in landfills, which is obviously a great contributor of green house gases.
The Artica is not only eco-friendly, it also has a stylish design and its commercialization is supported by Design London (a collaboration between Imperial College and The Royal College of Art) and is funded through NESTA.
Leave a comment
Our Recommended Partners
Popular Green Designs
- Nice Objects From Waste Materials
- The Pallet Couch Will Give Used Pallets A New Life
- Potenza: A Sustainable Four Wheel Bike
- Proxima Two Seater Hybrid Vehicle
- Cardboard Shelf: Nice and Eco-Friendly Home Furniture
- Echo Toddler Bed: A Sustainably Built Bed For Your Little Ones
- Indoor Drying Rack: Help Drying Your Clothes the Eco-friendly Way
- Solar Hybrid Air Conditioner: LG’s Pioneer For Eco-friendly Air Conditioner
- VW Tiguan Hybrid Car is Available !
- The 1Liaison Electric Hybrid Boat by Manuel Schneider
- Cars and Transportation
- Cell Phone
- Design and Concept
- Food and Drink
- Free Eco Gift
- Home and Kitchen
- Interior Design
- Personal Computer
- Product Reviews
- Solar Energy
- Toys and Games